Making Your Fibers into Batts
To process your wool into a wool comforter, mattress pad or pillow, it will takes the following raw weights for each item.
1-299 pounds washing is $5.25 per lb. Any poundage 300# or more refer to the washing chart.
|Size||Comforter Raw Weight||Quilting Batt Raw Weight||Mattress Pads Raw Weight||Pillows Raw Weight Per Pair|
|45″ x 60″
|45″ x 72″
|60″ x 90″ Twin||5#||2.5#||39″ x 76″
|81″ x 90″
|7#||3.5#||54″ x 76″
|90″ x 90″
|8#||4#||60′ x 80″
|108″ x 90″
|10#||5#||78″ x 80″
Prices include, washing, carding/pricking and processing your fibers into batts.
- Your raw medium/coarse fibers for comforters, quilts, mattress pads, pillows, felting/spin batts: 8 lb. lots or more – $8.55 per lb.
- Your pre-washed wool for comforters, quilts, mattress pads, pillows, felting/spin batts: 6 lb. lots or more – $7.55 per lb.
- Your raw, 100% mohair, alpaca, llama, dog hair, or other exotic fibers processed for felting/spin batts (with a percentage of wool added to it): 7 lbs. fine wool per run or more – $10.70 per lb.
- Your pre-washed, 100% mohair, alpaca, llama, dog hair, or other exotic fibers processed for felting/spin batts (with a percentage of wool added to it): 6 lbs. fine wool per run or more – $9.70 per lb.
- Your raw fiber blended with bunny, silk, or glitz: $10.25 per lb. NO DISCOUNT
- Your pre-washed fiber blended with bunny or silk, or glitz: $9.25 per lb. NO DISCOUNT
- Your raw fine wool processed for felting/spin batts 7 lbs. per run or more – $9.45 per lb.
- Your pre-washed fine wool processed for felting/spin batts 6 lbs. per run or more – $8.45 per lb.
Super fine wools will noil or pill in the carding process. To avoid this we recommend combed tops to remove these noils and sharp fibers.
(ANY RUNS UNDER THE MINIMUM LIMIT WILL BE $14.00 PER LB. PER RAW OR PRE-WASHED ORDERS, EX: 1# @ $14.00)
For items 1 and 2, refer to the Re”NEW” Your Bedding. See above for listed amounts required to turn your wool into comforters, pads, and bed pillows.
The following chart is for large volumes of fiber to be scoured, and then processed by Zeilinger Wool at prewash prices. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Wool costs are based on medium wools.
Fine wools add 50 cents.
The washing rates are for a single run of fiber, not split up into 2-4 runs, etc.
|Wool||Suri Alpaca||Huacaya Alpaca||Mohair|
Contact Zeilinger Wool for information on Batts