Rovings, Pencil Roving & Pindrafting
Rovings & Pencil Rovings
Prices include washing, carding, picking and processing your fibers into rovings.
- Your raw medium/coarse fibers processed for regular roving: 8 lbs. per run or more – $8.25 per lb.
Your raw fibers processed for pencil roving: 40 lbs. per run or more – $13.10 per lb.
- Your pre-washed medium/coarse fibers processed for regular roving:
- 6 lbs. or more roving swirls – $7.25 or more per lb.
- 20 lbs. or more for pencil roving – $10.15 per lb.
- Your raw fiber, mohair, alpaca, llama, dog hair and other exotic fibers processed for roving: 8 lbs. per run or more – $9.70 per lb.
- Your raw 3 way swirls or more layered batting or variegated batting or roving, and angora, silk, or glitz blends: 8 lbs. per run or more – $10.25 per lb.
- Your pre-washed fiber, mohair, alpaca, llama, dog hair and other exotic fibers processed for regular roving: Regular Roving: 6 lbs. per run or more – $8.70 per lb.
- Your pre-washed 3 way swirls or more layered batting or variegated batting or roving and angora, silk, or glitz blends: 6 lbs. per run or more – $9.25 per lb.
- If adding angora bunny, silk, or glitz to a roving order there is NO DISCOUNT.
- Your raw fine wool processed for roving, 8 lbs. per run or more – $9.45 per lb.
- Your pre-washed fine wool processed for regular roving 6 lbs. per run or more – $8.45 per lb.
(ANY RUNS UNDER THE MINIMUM LIMIT WILL BE $14.00 PER LB. PER RAW OR PRE-WASHED ORDERS, EX: 1# @ $14.00)
Super fine wools will noil or pill in the carding process. To avoid this we recommend combed tops to remove all noils and pilling.
NO ADULT MOHAIR for Pencil Roving.
You may have your fibers dyed prior to a run at $8.00 per clean lb. See dye chart for choices.
The following chart is for large volumes of fiber to be scoured, and then processed by Zeilinger Wool at prewash prices. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Wool costs are based on medium wools.
Fine wools add 50 cents.
The washing rates are for a single run of fiber, not split up into 2-4 runs, etc.
|Wool||Suri Alpaca||Huacaya Alpaca||Mohair|
Pindrafting consists of aligning your fibers parallel after completion of the roving process for easier spinning. Pindrafted roving can be put into bumps which are usually 1# but can be made heavier. Pindrafted roving can also be loose which is coiled in a bag. Pindrafting charges are $2.90 a pound on finished weight.
Contact Zeilinger Wool for information on Rovings, Pencil Rovings and Pindrafting